Search JuraganBuku.com:

Thursday, December 01, 2005

I am a fan of morning sport news.. 6am on AnTV, 6.30am on TV7, and 7.30am on MetroTV...
this morning, i was shocked at what i heard on the AnTV sport news... The report was about the SEA Games in the Phillipines..

"The most hopeful indonesian athletic sprinter for a gold in the SEA Games after two golds at two Asian athletic events this year, Jhon Murray, came out a loser and only won a silver medal.
After 4 events, one where in the men's estafet 400m Indonesia was disqualified for Jhon's neglegence, Jhon only received a silver medal and lost to a Phillipine sprinter."

The camera closed-up on the Papua-born man as he apologized after his run. Almost in tears he said "Im sorry... Im so sorry... Indonesia spent money to bring me here and I couldnt get the gold.." He turned around and walked away head hung low..

I do not know who Jhon Murray was... I do not know how much Indonesia spent on taking athletes to the SEA Games (40% were probably corrupted anyways) ... What struck me most was how can a TV station call an athlete that gave his all (even if far from his best) a LOSER?! I nearly cried seeing his interview.. Failure is normal in life.. Because in order to win, others must lose.. Maybe he was overconfident after winning the Asian events.. Maybe.. all a maybe.. What if it was a health problem that made him unable to perform optimally?

I feel sorry for him and his family... Im sure his family are heartbroken hearing him being called a loser.. A life as an athlete is hard enough though not being called a loser. I resent that report.. and as a protest, today will be the last time I watch the show.

end of post, 1 comments

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Alveta said...

reporter sekarang memang banyak yang menyebalkan.. ga di olahraga aja..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home